Aut o Accident Injury Coverage
- PIP’s time limit is two years, but the baseline $15,000 limit is unchanged. This means that if you were involved in an auto accident, you now have two years to seek treatment that is covered by your PIP benefits.
- PIP reimbursement (typically handled between the insurance companies involved in your crash) will become far more difficult for the insurers.
- Underinsured motorist (UIM) limits will now “stack,” or sit on top of liability limits. Under the current system, if you have $100,000 UIM limits and the at-fault policy only has $50,000, you only actually have a further $50,000 beyond the at-fault policy. Under the new rules, you can claim the full, stated UIM limit (i.e. from the previous example, you can get $50,000 from at-fault, then a further $100,000 from your own policies).
If You’re Injured
- Seek medical care immediately. DO NOT WAIT. The pain will get worse and often delay the healing process, not only that, but it will create bad movement patterns that are hard to correct.
- Typically accidents are minor, however we never know how bad the injuries can be. A physical exam, including x-rays are not uncommon and can prevent further injury.
Where Can I Get Treated
You are allowed to go to any health care professional including: Chiropractors, medical, counseling, acupuncture, massage, and physical therapy. At Tualatin Optimal Wellness we are networked with local clinics and professionals who are the best at what they do. We utilize the best providers to give you the best results if injured. All this medical care should come at no “out of pocket” expense to you.
Do I Need An Attorney
Most people may not need an attorney, however if you are having trouble with your insurance company and are not getting the results you want an attorney can help you get the protection you need at no out of pocket expense. If you have been in an accident and are confused about your rights, feel free to call Tualatin Optimal Wellness and speak to the doctor about your condition. We also have lots of information about attorney’s and other health care providers that can help you.